My Day. Part 1. Part 2.

As I sat and reviewed the yesterday's events in my head, I couldn't help but laugh. My morning and evening were SO different, so I've decided to write this blog post in two parts. 

Part 1. Morning. 

I woke up at 4:30AM as a security guard tacked something to my windshield wiper. I tried to fall back asleep but my attempts were in vain. I couldn't get the thought of getting a ticket for sleeping in a noisy parking lot out of my head. Around 6AM I got out and retrieved the slip of paper. To my surprise it was nothing but a warning for overnight parking. I was relieved and decided to continue my journey south along the coast. 

I thought the day before had been beautiful. It was. It was spectacular, but I was not prepared beauty off the drive to come. It was constant breathtaking views. I couldn't help but pull over every half-mile and just and stare. 

The craziest part of the drive though, was the I had looked up the time to see the sunrise the night before, and made sure I was on the coast at that time. Well, I never could have imagined how lucky I got. As I drove along the coast, the mountains and hills to my east began to rise. I sat and watched the sunrise peak through above the mountains and then began driving again. Because the mountains kept getting higher, they would hide the sun again, and then I'd see the sunrise again!!! I saw 6 sunrises in one day!!! There is NO way I could have planned that. I still can't even believe it. 

I eventually got to Big Sur State Park. I had done some research beforehand and found the trails I wanted to hike. I went into the lodge, bought a latte to wake me up and enjoy in the forest, paid for parking, and then realized.... I was at the wrong Big Sur. Apparently there are multiple State Parks along Big Sur and I went to the wrong one. I made the most of it, hiked around for a bit and then decided to go to Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, as opposed to Pfeiffer State Park.... Yeah you can see how I went to the wrong one first.

I hiked down to the waterfall overlook and it was one of the prettiest things I've seen in my life. It reminded me SO much of Stingray Bay in New Zealand with Charles, except they don't let you swim in this one haha.  I sat down, read some 1 Samuel and went back to the parking lot to begin my second hike.

I thought this would be about a mile hike... 2 and a half hours later, and way up in the clouds, I was very confused. The trail continued to veer off AWAY from the park I had parked in. I finally came to a sign "Loop closed due to construction. Turn Back or continue to other park." I could not believe it. I was not hiking back the same way I came. It was the longest route possible and a ton of fog had rolled in so I couldn't even see the ocean anyways. I charged it through the barrier. I went on the forbidden trail. I eventually came to some National Forest workers building a bridge. They were totally cool and just let me cross. I was back to the car in a jiffy. 

"I think I hiked to high..."

Part 2. The Evening. 

.... After typing this all out, I decided to erase it. There is just no way of sharing the details of the second half of my day without sounding like a total jerk, so I'll just say this. All I wanted to do was sleep, and my bedding was all soaked in a terrible stench (due to the untold events). I went to the laundromat, washed all of my bedding and some clothes, found a nice parking spot by the beach and slept.